Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Friendship


I love this photo - not just because I think its very pretty, but because it reminds me of my wonderful friends, Bel & Dinger - and isn't that what photos are supposed to do? Invoke a memory or a feeling and make you feel something (hopefully something nice, but there's obviously sad photos too). Anyway, back to this photo - I took this photo on my way to Bel & Dinger's house one night. James was at Moomba and a big storm had ripped through the Peninsula, taking my power with it. Minlaton still had power so I spent the day painting the second bedroom in our other house. I'd had two big work lights on me all day, was sweaty, gross, and exhausted. Bel & Dinger invited me round to their place (they still had power! Lucky buggers!) where I could have a shower and be treated to one of Bel's fabulous dinners. I stopped home first and found my power on, so showered at home, but my goodness, I appreciated that meal so much and it was so much better than the 2 minute noodles or vita weats that I had planned! That's a measure of friendship according to me - you know you have wonderful friends when they know you've been working hard all day and invite you around for dinner (even if they're just having toasties or something - which we didn't - Bel had cooked delicious steak! Num num num) - its cliche, but its truly the thought that counts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment